это просто божественно! Я оооооочень жду продолжения и вообще побольше РПГшек!
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Diamond Rose is a short fantasy RPG developed for the NaNoRenO game jam.
The story follows Van, a promising young craftsman. Fueled only by his passion for crafting, he left his hometown and set out to make it big in the bustling city of Azalea.
He soon realized that passion alone was not enough to survive in the big city. Without fame to his name, no decent customer looked at his wares. Without a decent workshop, he was treated as a common merchant. A month passed and he became just another in the long line of failures.
This all changed when he met a swordswoman who gave him the chance to turn his life around.
- RPG Battle System
- Sendo - Art and Programming
- Zetsubou - Writer (also the writer and creator of another NaNoRenO 2016 entry: Wander No More)
- Special thanks to Sam and Abet.
LIST OF KNOWN BUGS
- Character Side Images (the dialogue image when they speak) are cut off or disappear when rolling back (using PageUp/Down or MouseScroll) and continuing.
- Click-to-continue indicator not working in fullscreen
- Added Story Mode. Not a fan of RPGs? Play in this mode!
- Reworked Casual Mode: Players deal 2x damage, have permanent +20 speed bonus, and 100% monster loot drop rate. Breeze through the game in this mode!
- Added Run command. Escape unnecessary battles!
- Added Scrollbars to the Status Screen; no more screen overflow.
- Added Skill Descriptions in battle
- Added Status Effect icons
- Increased 'Fine String' and 'Premium String' drop rate; it's now very easy to get them.
- Removed unused assets and compressed images, reducing the overall filesize by around 20 MB
- And various small fixes and improvements
- Important! Save files from version 1.0 are incompatible with this version due to internal changes. However, the game will save in a different location so the old save files won't be affected.
If you encounter bugs aside from the ones listed above, please report them to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this page. Thanks! We hope you enjoy the game!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
That game was beautiful! I just can't help notice the similarities of Maya and Van to Asuna and Kirito lol. Maybe it was just me. Anyways, great game!
Now that you mention it, they do kinda resemble them haha. Everyone was redesigned for the sequel though, hopefully the designs will stand out on their own. Thanks for your comment and for playing! :)
Hello, I just recently recorded a first try video of your game, however, it was flagged for copyright based on the music on the battle screen. I'm just wondering how you obtained the music so I can either leave the flag alone or dispute it.
Also I had a slight issue with how the controls are mapped, wsad only seems to work if capslock is off, which I didn't even realize I had on at the time. If possible could you link both higher case and lowercase letters to the movement controls?
Thanks for the report! All music were taken from Jamendo.com and all of them are under CC. The battle music is Adventure by Celestial Aeon Project (https://www.jamendo.com/track/818620/adventure). Perhaps it was licensed commercially? Either way I think you can leave it flagged. But it's weird because someone else made a video about it but it didn't trip up the copyright detector.
Ah, that is pretty easy to fix. I'll see if I can update the game sometime soon. Thanks!
Whoops, forgot to re-tag them when I updated the build. Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out!
I hope that the walkthrough helps others in their journeys through the game. :3 I didn't think that there would be a need to make a full text walkthrough because of showing images of almost everything, listing only the healing items and the skills in a txt document, but if asked for by others, I shall do so. ^^
Proprietary, no thanks...
What do you mean?
I know what the word means and that's why I'm wondering - the game is free. You don't need to pay/donate.
I think nf3 is saying (s)he won't play because DR is not open source.
Of course, most games here aren't, so it seems like a strange expectation to me.
Hello, Sendo; first of all, congrats and great job on your work like always! As for user nf3, just ignore them; looking at their comment history, they're just going around labeling things proprietary or not for some pointless reason. Keep doing what you're doing, Sendo.
This was a really good game! I really liked the RPG elements and am looking forward to the sequel.
I'm glad you liked the game and are looking forward to the sequel! Your support means a lot!
I loved the game. Will there be any more like this in the future?
Glad you like it!
Yes, I am continuing Diamond Rose. It won't be out very soon because of other priorities at the moment. But I've already started planning the sequel and I'm very excited to continue working on it :)